Makes 12 muffins and 1 cake
What do you need?
- 600ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large, organic, free range egg
- 2 granny smith apples, finely cut
- ¼ tsp pure liquid stevia
- 120g gluten free oats
- 50g chia seeds
- 65g mixed nuts finely cut
- Very small pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
How do you make it?
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F/Gas mark 3
- Whisk the milk, salt, stevia, vanilla powder, cinnamon and the egg.
- Pour this mix in a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
- Then add the oats and chia seeds.
- Boil for a little longer and take of the heat. Leave for a couple of minutes to cool down.
- Add the apple and nuts.
- You can add the mix to a 20cm cake tin and bake in the oven for around an hour or you can pour the mix in a muffin tray or paper muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the cakes/muffins cool down in the tin/tray.
- When cold you cut up the cake in slices and put them in the freezer or fridge.
Don’t be surprised if the muffins, after cooking, are a little soggy at the bottom; if this is the case turn them over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Look After your Health
It is my mission to enable as many people as I can to start making conscious and well-informed decisions about their health. You can do so much by yourself when armed with the right information, so if you want more visit www.eatwright.co.uk where you can get in touch with me directly, learn more about the healthy eating plan, upcoming events, or organise a health check.
To Better Health,