What do you need?
- 75g kefir of 0% Greek yoghurt
- 60g walnuts, cut in small pieces
- 200g pumpkin or butternut squash mash
- ¾ banana, cut in small pieces
- 20g dried, unsweetened, cranberries (optional)
- 38g coconut oil, melted
- 75g gluten free oats or buckwheat flakes, ground
- A couple of gluten free oats or buckwheat flakes to garnish
- 1 ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 heaped tsp mixed spice
- Big pinch ground ginger
- 38g Sukrin, sugar replacement
How do you make it?
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the yoghurt, mash, banana and coconut oil with a blender or in the food processor until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients to the mix, except for the oats or buckwheat flakes for garnishing, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill the muffin trays with the batter and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once ready take the muffins out of the oven and leave to cool in the trays for about 8 minutes. Take them out of the tray and let them cool down further on a wire rack.
- Can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days and freezes well.
Nutritional value per muffin
- 1/8 lean protein
- 1/8 vegetables
- 1/8 fruit
- 1/4 good fats
- 1/6 cleansing fibre